Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lemon Poppyseed Cupcakes

Really really wanted to bake cookies last night to test out my new cookie press, but we ended up making mini lemon poppy cupcakes and trying to decorate them without using buttercream, which as we all know, is too sweet, too heavy, and too fattening.

We whipped it up really quickly because we had used a mix, and I'm not ashamed to use mixes even though I know it's better if I had done it from scratch.  Mixes make it that much easier - no thinking and measuring and planning required.  Less cleaning too, because mixes usually only require one mixing bowl to prep.

It's so much fun to spend some time just among girls and I can't wait to bake again - this time to make cookies with my cookie press - even though the kitchen is getting a little too hot to bear in these warm summer nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment