Monday, July 18, 2011

crackle nails

After seeing the gorgeous nails Michelle had on, I simply couldn't resist these crackle nail polishes when I saw them on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart (especially since there was a 20x the points promo). Seeing how the layer of nail polish amazingly transforms made it impossible to stop at just one - so I painted all my nails, all over, with it.



B likes the black overcoat called "Ink Splatter" better, while I think the silver overcoat called "fractured foil" would look better paired with a dark base color.  Interestingly, the black crackle polish was easier to apply than the silver one - I find that it "cracks" more evenly, whereas the silver one is more finicky.  My first try with the silver overcoat resulted in a shiny and smooth silver nail with no crack pattern whatsoever, and my second attempt (on my left ring finger) somehow turned out looking like a skull - it reminded B of the mask in the Scream movies.  This will definitely require more experimentation :)

1 comment:

  1. This crackle stuff is really cool, I've actually never seen it in real life yet, only pictures. I think it's too bold for me though, I'm a chicken when it comes to cool nail stuff! :P Thank for entering my giveaway! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete