Sunday, December 5, 2010

what is wrong with you??

Working in retail pharmacies really opened up my eyes - but some customers really gets on my nerves.  Like a certain pakistani customer I had today.  First he barged in demanding to be serviced first even though we were clearly busy with another customer's orders.  We let it go - he only had one item on his prescription while the one we were wrapping up had a couple more items.  All the while he was yapping away on his bluetooth headset as if he was the only one in the room.

Then when he was ready to pay, he handed me his credit card.  When I had inserted his card into the chip reader, he gave me a dubious look and said, "this is not a debit card."  Duh!  Of course I knew it wasn't a debit card.  It clearly said "VISA" on it.  I guess he hadn't noticed that his credit card has been updated to the state-of-the-art payment technology of chip and PIN. So I pointed that out to him - and guess what he said?  "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??"  That's what he said. "I don't know of any PINs, there's no PIN for credit cards."

I swear, if he wasn't a customer, I would have asked him the same thing for not knowing his credit card with a chip has a PIN and for not know his PIN - and also for putting the blame of his ignorance on other people.  What is wrong with you??

1 comment:

  1. Stupid people will always live among us... we just have to live with it... Sorry u had to put up with the idiot!!

    ReplyDelete