Friday, November 25, 2011

MMA!!

I've heard so many friends and friends of friends starting to do MMA that I had been entertaining the idea of trying it out.  Although I'm not a big fan of pain and bruises (like the ones I see on my dear friend Diana who started about 3 months ago), I liked the fact that it's a good work-out that shows quick results - everyone I knew doing MMA had lost a lot of weight and got really toned in virtually no time at all.  So when a co-worker told me about the gym he goes to around the corner from work, I was excited to check it out.

I thought I was only going to observe, but ended up participating -  I  learned quite a few other things from this experience: 1. jumping rope is much harder than what I remembered doing as a kid and much much harder than it looks.  2. Kicking and punching is so much more fun when you make contact - the Wii variety of air-punching just won't cut it anymore.  3. Going back to work covered in sweat is definitely not an enjoyable experience - and it makes you all the more self-conscious when others walk by.  4.  The pain and the soreness that comes with strenuous exercise hits long after the workout is done.  But all-in-all, I'm proud to say that I had survived my first MMA class!

No comments:

Post a Comment