Friday, April 30, 2010

Eddie's again

At the insistence of our I'm-the-center-of-the-universe-the-world-revolves-around-me coworker,  we ordered Eddie's for lunch today.  Not liking the breaded chicken in thickened sauce, I thought I would try something else, and the Spicy Thai Green Curry Chicken sounded really appealing.  I was expecting the kind of Thai Green Curry I know - thin but packed with flavours of lemongrass and coconut, but little did I know Eddie's interpretation of Thai Green Curry Chicken is breaded cubes of chicken in a thick and greasy green sauce that is spicy.  There was no coconut nor lemongrass nor anything Thai about it, and it was so thick and greasy that I could hardly stomach it.  I ended up eating less than half of the generous serving, and I don't really know what to do with what's left.  Good thing the lunch special was served with corn soup and spring rolls, otherwise I wouldn't have managed to enjoy lunch.

By the way, we all got Eddie's because of her, but the one who insisted on Eddie's in the first place did not enjoy her lunch neither - apparently the manchurian chicken she ordered left a really bad aftertaste in her mouth.  We think it's just her being picky.

No comments:

Post a Comment