Tuesday, June 15, 2010

i will survive...

Mom's gone back to HK for 2 weeks, so it's up to me to hold down the fort.  Lately it seems like whenever B calls, I'm always busy with food - buying, cooking, eating, or cleaning up.  And that's only part of it.  I'm forgoing the cleaning part and keeping laundry to the bare minimum - maybe I will muster up enough energy to sweep and mop before Mom comes home so she can rest for a bit after her trip.

Yesterday I ran home during my lunch hour to cook - I had forgotten to prepare something for when Kenneth comes home from school.  With that, I even had enough for his lunch today.  Last night I made beef stir-fried with tomatoes before taking Kenneth to his guitar lesson, and later on made a sweet soup with ginger and purple yam.  Both turned out great - we practically finished dinner under 10 minutes, and the sweet soup was just the thing to fend off hunger in the middle of the night.  So I guess I'm managing OK - it's just going to be a little more hectic until Mom comes home.

No comments:

Post a Comment