Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I am a Boot Camp survivor!

At the suggestion of my dear friend Michelle, we went for our first Boot Camp session last night!  We met up at James Garden, a gorgeous park I've only seen through the subway windows, and did a lap of running/walking mixed in with push-ups/dips and boxing drills.  It was intense, and at times I felt that I would just drop dead, but we survived, and it was so much fun!

I only realized that I had forgotten to bring socks after we got to the park, so I had to make do with my new Columbia sandals that I had picked up for our rafting trip.  These sandals were so comfortable, even with all the running and jumping we had to do!  The only drawback was that they were sandals - all the sand and twigs and leaves went in and my feet were so dirty that I had to soak and wash them twice before they were clean.

It's funny how we were taught this blocking move called the "Turtleshell", and we actually saw a giant snapping turtle lazing about on the grass on our way back.  Bootcamp was just like BodyAttack with a little bit of BodyCombat, held outdoors.  It was a nice change of pace!  I am so exhausted, however, that I don't think I'll be able to do Zumba tonight.  I hope the aches will ease up by tomorrow >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment