Friday, March 5, 2010

Body Attack + Yoga Double Combo

One of my 2010 resolution was to try Body Attack at least once this year - and I did it!!  I did run a little late coming out from work, plus I got distracted by the sale going on at Sport Mart (picked up a decent pair of Columbia snowpants for $75+tx), so I did join the class 10 minutes after it's started.  Regardless, I'd had a great work-out.


There was a running track where the whole class just ran in a big circle, then there was an aerobic track with jumps and kicks.  We also did push-ups (which I failed, if anybody was grading) and quite a bit of abs work like sit-ups and leg raises.  The moves were easier to follow than I thought - I think Zumba had trained me well with all the different dance moves so these knee-ups and heel-jacks weren't too much to pick up.  I was surprised when the class came to an end - I had survived!!  I was soaked and out of breath, but I survived!!


And I stayed for my usual yoga class - right after Body Attack.  I could feel that some poses (like the "tree") had became harder to hold, whereas other poses (like the "plank") I could hold longer than usual.  I wonder if that has anything to do with the intense aerobics I had just done.  Regardless, I had an awesome time last night, I slept like a baby, and this morning I woke up feeling refreshed and ready for just about anything.  I think I will try to do this more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment