Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Summer Corn Dip

For my boss's and coworker's birthdays yesterday I had also brought in a corn dip - I was going to bring some bruschetta, but since my Italian coworker is already bringing her famous salsa, I would bring something else that would go nice with it.  Now I wasn't brave enough to try my hands at guacamole, and I didn't really want to endure another trip to the grocery store, so I improvised with what I had on hand.  Turns out the dip I made was a star - everyone in the office was raving about it and everybody I talked to requested the recipe for it:

  • 1 canned corn kernels, drained (I used Del Monte Summer Crisp - hence the name)
  • 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
  • 1 small roma tomato, seeds removed, diced
  • 1 baby cucumber, finely chopped
  • ½ cup fresh mint, finely chopped
  • ½ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
  • 2 thai chili peppers (small red pointy ones), seeds removed, finely chopped – be careful handling these as they burn (skin, eyes, nose, whatever they come into contact with)!!
  • A squeeze of kraft sundried tomato and oregano dressing (1 tbspn?) - I think it would be nice to add some lime juice but I didn’t have any on hand so I used this instead.

Mix everything in a bowl, then add enough mayo to coat mixture (3 -4 tbsp?) and freshly ground pepper to taste.  Refrigerate overnight.
 
Serve with Melba toast, crackers or tortilla chips.  Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment