Thursday, April 29, 2010

Word of the Day: Limbo

Limbo: "an intermediate, transitional, or midway state or place", "a region on the border of hell"

I absolutely hate being in limbo - but that's where we are, knowing about the impending misfortune but not a clue when it will actually happen.  Makes it all the more stressful - kind of like that Nicolas Cage movie "Knowing" - you know it's happening, but you can't do anything about it.  The helplessness makes it all the harder to deal with the actual blow.

Interestingly, as the stress level built up, the more make-up I am seeing around the office.  I for one used to come in with the bare essentials - eye liner and a quick dab of concealer for the dark circles under my eyes, but lately, I've been needing more: powder, 2 to 3 shades of eyeshadows, shiny lip gloss... and I can see my coworkers are being quite ornated too.  I wonder why?

No comments:

Post a Comment